Bossier City, Louisiana
News Clips: 122, 126, 127
- Monster Medley: ( Bob
Moosekian-breast, Mike Reissing-back, Jeff Longstreth-fly, Ben Donaldson-free)
- North West Aquatic Club's Senior Men's
Team (Front row: Jeff Longstreth, Gary Karasick, Ken Karasick, Ron
Alsobrook; Back row: Mike Reissing, Earl Showerman, Ron Pohlonski, Jerry
- University of Michigan Team
1961-1962: (First Row: Ron Jaco, Warren Uhler, Jim Kerr, Pete
Cox, Bill Darnton, Dick Nelson, Dennis Floden, John DuMont, Fred Wolf, Mike
Reissing. Second Row: Tom Dudley, Bob Schaefer, Frank Berry, Jeff
Moore, Jon Baker, Enn Mannard, Geza Bodalay. Back Row: Coach Gus
Stager, Diving Coach Dick Kimball, Paul Attar, Roy Burry, Carlos Canepa, Jeff
Longstreth, Manager Earl Ryan) c.1962
- Mike Reissing c.1962
My Life After Patton:
U of Mich BBA & MBA, All American 200-yd backstroke 1962 (8th in NCAA
2:03.0, Uof M school record at that time), swam at U of M with Longstreth and
Burry, S.A.E. fraternity with Longstreth, U.S. Coast Guard, worked in the
market research industry in New Orleans, Wilmington, Toledo, NYC (68-79),
Winston-Salem (79-97). I'm retired now, my wife passed away in 1991. My son
Micah is an auto mechanic in N.C. and daughter, Sage, is married and has two
kids. She has a horse farm in Louisiana (check it out:
http://www.eastercreek.com) My kids are true blessings. I live a fairly
reclusive life here in south Florida. I am guardian for my mom and her sister,
both in rest homes. I swim 200 yds/day (slowly), have several tatoos, am tan,
quite fat (buoyant), still funny, bright, self-effacing, short-haired,
friendly, cheerful, thrifty, kind, brave, clean and reverent. Amen.
(5/99)Some Things I Remember:
- The trip to Yale for the natl. AAUs in Alsobrook's car with Mel Hackel,
Sully, and Norvell.
- Summers at Brennan.
- Staying weekends at the Moosekian's house to avoid long bus rides to/from
- That bar down the street that had the great hamburgers.
- Swimming "at home" in the high school city championships.
- Raiding Shapiro's parents' liquor cabinet on some weekends before
'performing' for Alsobrook and Hauck in swim clinics in front of parents and
- Infancy of age-group water polo at Kronk, Miller, and other parks and rec
pools around the city.
- Sully and his raw hot dogs.
- And, of course, the tough workouts--eased by viewing the style of bathing
suits that the gals wore back then!
I can only say that the Patton influence was profound ... and positive.
Who knows where the "road not taken" leads?-Mike Reissing '56-'62
Home Page * Names Index